Grants Manager - Research Grant Finance & Administration (Pre & Post Award) - Top University!
The Grants Manager is responsible for management of the daily financial aspects of organization's research operation for assigned portfolio of principal investigators.Responsible for overseeing pre-award and post-award grants management (research administration - NIH, DOD, DOE) activities; oversight of research activity; managing diverse portfolio of principal investigators; preparing complex expense analyses; forecasting year-end results. Advises Directors of Grant Management on financial matters and strategic planning and interacts at various levels with senior management.
Grants Management responsibilities include:
- Work in close contact with principle investigators on a variety of grants (NIH, DOD, DOE) both pre-award and post award, and their staffs to maximize the accuracy of financial forecasts, both periodic and ad-hoc.
- Review Financial Administrator projections, discuss potential issues and assist in developing contingency plans with their PI’s.
- Review, process, and administer subcontracts with colleague institutions and industrial partners.
- Reviews project close dates and ensures that any extension requests are made prior to the project end dates and projects are closed in a timely fashion.
- Review the organization's suspense account on a monthly basis.Resolves any issues related to this account and ensures that all payroll charges held in suspense are transferred to the appropriate cost object in a timely fashion.
- Assist the PI’s and grant accounting staff in resolving complex sponsored program issues including budget development and contracting issues.
- Develop financial forecasts and overviews designed to document, monitor and plan expenditures for organization's research programs and principle investigator groups.
- Manage the organization's sponsored research budget and monitor sponsored research trends on a company wide basis. Monitor projects with the various accounting and grant administration staff, PI’s and Directors
- Develops and maintains the management financial dashboard report and produce monthly financial reports and analyses summarizing the organization's financial position and trends.Coordinate financial / grant reporting and dashboard information regarding organization's funds.
- Design, generate and analyze ad-hoc reports using Excel, Brio Query, Hyperion and other database and reporting tools.
- Bachelors degree in business is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in research administration / grants management (pre award and post award) in Academia / Health Care / Research industry.
- Experience with a variety of govt agencies (NIH, DOD, DOE, etc) - preferred
- Positive attitude & aptitude to work in a fast paced environment with some of the greatest minds in the world (Researches / Principal Investigators) - required
For immediate consideration please email resume directly to Andrei Nikulin at firstname.lastname@example.org