Marketing Copy Writer/Editor
Our company, Hollister Staffing, is currently enjoying exciting growth and we are seeking an experienced writer/editor to join our team and help us develop content in multiple forms. Our team is made up of unique individuals whose varied talents and experiences bring value to the way they connect candidates, and clients with Hollister. We pride ourselves in being a woman-owned staffing firm that values relationship building above all else. We work together in all aspects of what we do as we create exceptional and memorable experiences for those we engage with. We embrace the importance of emotional intelligence as much if not more than skill sets, recognizing that we all bring a myriad of talents and abilities to every single day. At Hollister, our goal is that every employee is fully engaged as an individual as well as part of the team. The ideal candidate for this role is one who wants to learn and who has the desire to grow personally and professionally. We celebrate “Service Excellence” and are seeking one who can embrace that as a core element of our brand. We are seeking someone who is a self-starter, an independent thinker, and a team player with a positive can-do attitude. If this rings true to you, we would love to hear from you.
The Marketing Copy Writer/Editor is responsible for developing and writing the content and stories that become our communications both internally and externally. Those platforms will range from writing for social media and blog posts to responding to RFP’s; from writing press releases to creating our newsletters and HR communications. We are working on a great number of really cool projects and are looking for one who can help us capture the essence of who we are and how we work. This position will report to the Executive Director of Engagement. Candidate will have a finger on the pulse of how to create clear and compelling copy to promote our brand identity and values while improving customer experience. You will need to wear a lot of different hats depending on the day, and you must thrive in a fast-moving environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Create marketing copy for presentations, collateral, email, social, website, promotions, product descriptions, blog, events and other materials working closely with design resources to maintain a cohesive visual and written identity
- Take input from different sources and bring it life by telling the story through effective copy writing and through our brand voice
- Optimize content to boost organic search potential
- Oversee current communications, both internal and external to ensure they are “on brand”
- Facilitate the creation of internal training documents
- Assist in the development and writing of programs and workshops for the Hollister Institute
- Track trends and conduct research in all of our specialty areas, (Administration & HR, Accounting & Finance, and Technology) to be used generating newsletters and social media postings
- Write and respond to RFP’s and RFI’s with a business perspective
- Create press releases as appropriate while developing relationships with key media outlets
- Respond to speaker proposal requests for both Hollister Staffing and Hollister Institute
- Own proof reading of all content generated before it's published to ensure accuracy and adherence to our brand style guidelines
- Work on special projects as requested and other duties as required
- To be curious and a great listener
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for writing and telling compelling stories
- Editorial skills to ensure that all work is well written with proper grammar and spelling
- Comfortable networking, interviewing people and conducting research to build depth in to communication and stories
- Experience writing proposals, RFI’s, RFP’s a plus but not a requirement
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate a high-level of integrity and manage time effectively
- Deadline oriented with a strong ability to multi-task
- Willing to participate in all department needs and help at any/every level
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- At least 3-5 years of experience in some copy writing/editing role
- Bachelor's degree in English/Communication or equivalent experience
Our values do not just hang on the wall, we live and breathe by them. They are: Open Communication, Integrity, Community and Passion.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please email email@example.com and state "Hollister Careers - Marketing Copy Writer/Editor" as the email subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled