Staff Accountant in a Thriving Sales/Service Company
Our company, Hollister Staffing, is currently enjoying exciting growth and we are seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our team. Our employees are unique individuals whose varied talents and experiences bring value to the way they connect employees, candidates, and clients with Hollister. We pride ourselves in being a woman-owned staffing firm that values relationship building above all else. Our values do not just hang on the wall, we live and breathe by them. They are: Open Communication, Integrity, Community and Passion. We work together as a team in all aspects of what we do as we create exceptional and memorable experiences for those we engage with. We embrace the importance of emotional intelligence as much if not more than IQ recognizing that we all bring a myriad of talents and abilities to every single day. At Hollister, our goal is that every employee is fully engaged as an individual as well as part of the team. The ideal candidate is one who is curious, wants to learn and who has the desire to grow personally and professionally. We celebrate “Service Excellence” and are seeking one who can embrace that as a core element of our brand. We are seeking someone who is a self-starter, an independent thinker, and a team player with a positive can-do attitude. If this rings true to you, we would love to hear from you.
- Responsible for monthly close
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Assists with external audits
- Reconcile revenue accounts
- Analyze expenses as compared to budget
- Computes bi-weekly and monthly commissions
- Assist in the financial reporting process for internal management reporting
- Supports Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables with coding and wherever needed
- Provide detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions
- Assist with conversion to a new accounting system
- Ad-hoc requests and analyses as needed
- Other duties will be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 4+ years’ experience in accounting or related field
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (comfortable with formulas, pivot tables, vlookups, etc)
- Ability to work with large volume of data
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- A strong sense of ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical skills, creative problem solving ability, communication skills, and a personal commitment to quality.
- Strong customer service orientation in dealings with internal and external customers
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please email email@example.com and state "Hollister Careers - Staff Accountant" as the email subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled