WHEN: Two Days - Thursday, October 25 and Friday, October 26, 2018 - 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
WHERE: Hollister Staffing - 75 State Street, 9th Floor, Boston, MA 02109
TARGET AUDIENCE: Human Resource, Diversity and Inclusion, and Equal Employment Opportunity Professionals
FACILITATOR: Susan Gordon, CEO of Inclusion Excellence LLC, and former Chief Diversity Officer of the United States Army
*Non-Profits - please inquire about our discount rates.
This unique and highly interactive two-day workshop is designed to provide Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion (D&I), Equal Employment Opportunity, and other professionals responsible for diversity and inclusion with hands-on guidance on how to build effective D&I strategic plans or strengthen existing diversity plans for their organizations.
Day One provides foundational training on D&I Competencies and Skills important to the development and implementation of an effective D&I Strategy.
Day Two provides participants with practice to apply these skills and to draft a D&I strategic plan, implementation plan and supporting measurements. Participants will leave the workshop with a draft D&I plan for their organization. (Pre-work required)
Follow-up - Program includes a 30-minute coaching call with the facilitator post-workshop.
This workshop is facilitated by Susan Gordon, CEO of Inclusion Excellence LLC. Susan is a highly qualified Global D&I expert, with over 25 years of strategic experience. She is a Certified Diversity Executive (CDE) and has designed and implemented award-winning D&I strategies at Fortune 100/500 companies such as Microsoft and Bank of America, and the nonprofit Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA). Susan is the former Chief Diversity Officer for the United States Army. She holds an MBA and is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
- Develop the business case for D&I for their organization
- Learn how to gain senior leadership engagement and support
- Understand the essential components of an effective D&I Strategy, Implementation Plan, and Measurements
- Learn about diversity best practices and how to link diversity and inclusion strategies, plans, initiatives, and programs to the bottom line
- Gain knowledge of how to build effective Diversity Councils, Working Groups, and Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks)
- Understand how to manage unconscious bias and how to conduct critical conversations
- Understand Diversity Best Practices to recruit, retain, and develop diverse talent
- Draft a D&I strategy, implementation plan, and measurements that links diversity and inclusion to their organization’s strategic goals
- Coaching: Program will include a 30-minute coaching call with Susan post-event. Additional coaching available as desired.
- Meals: 2 continental breakfasts and 2 lunches, along with snacks and beverages will be provided by Hollister.