Our biggest client, a prestigious higher education institute in Cambridge, MA, is actively seeking an experienced Staff Accountant on a temporary basis. An ideal accountant would be someone who is highly analytical, has experience in accounting operations and is able to work efficiently under minimal supervision.
This is a temporary position which start immediately. Candidates with relevant experience and with both analytical and customer service skills are encouraged to apply. Reply with your resume and we'll get in touch!
Prepare complex schedules to support internal and external financial reporting related to the quarterly close process.
Process billing and generate invoices for assigned departments, labs and centers.
Resolve Accounts Receivable inquiries by serving as a key contact and guiding users through invoicing process
Retrieve daily credit card reports and post payments to AR accounts on a continuing basis
Coordinate employee payroll deductions and post to receivable accounts at the close of each month
Prepare monthly reconciliations of assigned high-volume accounts
Participate in testing new SAP reports and functionalities, including support pack testing
Make requests for payments and send checks out for refunds due to customers
Provide back-up for accounting staff overseeing Benefits Accounts
Other duties as required
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field; advanced degree preferred
• Minimum of three years’ experience in accounting or finance operations
• Minimum of one years’ experience providing customer service
• Independent as well as a team player
• Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to strict deadlines is essential
• Must be highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word; familiarity with SAP
• Ability to deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
• Open to learning and adhering to growing responsibilities
• Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Requires the flexibility and ability to work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary