A premier research Institute in Cambridge, MA is looking to hire a Patient Services Representative for their Medical Department! The representative will act as the first point of contact for visitors and callers, answering their questions and making them comfortable with the processes, so the ideal candidate has excellent customer service and communication skills. This is a temporary position and starts immediately.
• Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
• Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone
• Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays
• Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area
• Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records
• Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information
• Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims
• Experience with medical records, booking appointments, and using medical terminology
• Have strong customer service skills
• Knowledge in a medical records applications system
• Understanding how to do a medical referral process
• Ability help support the front end operations
• Be very detail oriented and have great attendance
All interested applicants should apply with a resume for immediate consideration. Thank you!