• Carry out daily functions of the mailroom and function as backup to the mailroom supervisor as needed.
• Oversee the receipt, distribution, sorting, delivery, and pick up of all mail received according to the established time frames and service standards.
• Prepare materials for mailing including: applying postage, preparing items for shipment or collection, distributing items as needed, ensuring items are properly labeled and documenting data according to management guidelines.
• Perform start-up and operations of postage and Arrival tracking equipment.
• Maintain all logs and reporting documentation as required.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
• The ability to understand and carry out simple written and oral instructions.
• The physical ability to lift and carry bundles of mail and supplies that sometimes weigh in excess of fifty pounds; and related capacities and abilities.
• The ability to learn and use UPS, Fedex, USPS online systems.