Senior Administrative Assistant to Support Faculty Member
A well-known university located in the Cambridge area is seeking a senior administrative assistant for a temporary-to-hire position. This person would be assisting a high-level faculty member who needs complex administrative support. Aside from having administrative experience, this individual must be poised, detail-oriented, and extremely efficient in handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Experience in academia is preferred but not required.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree required and at least 3 years of professional administrative experience.
• Experience providing a broad range of professional administrative and project support. Including but not limited to: calendaring, coordinating travel arrangements, event planning, monitoring budgets, maintaining webpages, and other duties as required.
• Must be able to respond to regular shifts in workload and the changing needs of the organization and the people they support.
• Ability to anticipate and resolves problems; proficiently executes a wide range of advanced technical applications and updates supervisors on status of tasks and projects.
• Communicates and interacts regularly with university officials, external organizations, and the public on a variety of matters.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, web editing software, and Google Drive.
• A strong work ethic, personal integrity, and self-motivated.
• Professional verbal and written communication skills.
• A strong passion for higher education and a commitment to serving a diverse student population.
• Organizes and implements administrative support, including arranging appointments, schedules, and meetings; arranges for media and space.
• Plan and execute events, order catering service for meetings and luncheons.
• Attend high-level meetings, track, edit and help draft correspondence and reports.
• Order office supplies, process payments, travel vouchers and any other purchases as needed.
• Works in close association with other office and department staff to ensure timeliness and responsiveness of all office support services.
• Communicates and interacts regularly with staff on a variety of matters, including providing information and specific responses to urgent and sensitive issues.
• Initiates, organizes, and implements administrative systems and processes for efficient office management, including active and archive records, communication (including the intranet), planning and scheduling.
• Reviews a wide range of information and analyzes and compiles data for review. Prepares documents and correspondence, reviews and edits materials.
• Manages office mail, equipment, including computer software, hardware, and networking, printers, copiers, fax machines, etc. to ensure efficient and reliable office operations. Works closely with department staff and outside vendors to maintain and repair equipment.
• Other duties as required.
Interested and qualified candidates should respond with a resume. Thank you!